Hair & Makeup Must Haves!


After posting some of my favorite items by season, by retailer, for gift guides, I realized I have never dedicated a post to my everyday favorites when it comes to hair and makeup!

I am definitely the type of girl that once I am set in my routine, I tend to not break it. I have been using some of the same products day after day for years, because why change something that has been working good for so long?!



Here are some of my everyday favorites broken down between hair and makeup:

Hair Care Routine:

*disclaimer - my mom and BFF are both in the hair industry, so a lot of the products that I have chosen to use over the years are definitely influenced by them*

I have had medium to long hair for most of my life, my hair tends to be really oily/greasy too {honestly, it was not until a few months ago that I started washing my hair every other day}. I also deal with eczema during certain times of the year on my scalp which is no fun, so sometimes I suffer the dreaded dandruff - but no fear! I have found some of the best products to cure these issues.

For oily/greasy/unwashed hair:
Since I have started washing my hair every other day - dry shampoo has become my BEST friend. I typically spray the dry shampoo along my roots, and around my face since that is where my hair usually looks greasy and it works/lasts all day! These are my two favorite products:


Shampoo & Conditioner:
I wash my hair every other day, and typically stick to using the same shampoo because of the dry skin on my scalp. I have literally been using the Biolage shampoo for years and it works wonders, if I veer away from it for too many days I can totally see a difference. I also use the awapuhi rinse because most conditioners that I have used are too heavy on my hair, adding to the whole greasy hair factor.


Hair Styling Products:
As mentioned before, I tend to have really oily hair, so I have to be careful of what products I use on my hair to not make it any worse. These are products that I use every time I style my hair!


Makeup!

As much as I would love to say I am a makeup pro, I am no where near it. When I begin to run out of products, I will go buy the same exact one again, or look to my best friend for advice on what to buy. With that being said, these are some products that are just too good that I can't bring myself to part with them, ever!

Foundations:
I tend to bounce back and fourth between the heavier, matte foundations for more formal events, or if I want more coverage. Otherwise, I usually wear a lighter foundation such as the Urban Decay Complexion Perfector.


Primers & Concealers:
 I've only just recently started using primers on a daily basis and I honestly do not know why, I have noticed such a difference when it comes to using these! Also, one thing that I am obsessed with, is my color correcting primer - green for redness - is perfect for covering up any red imperfections!


Powders/Bronzer/Etc:
These are my go-to's, I don't even have any others to recommend because I love these so much!


Eye Makeup:
Is it pathetic to say that I have barely changed my eye makeup routine since probably the start of college?! I think I need to switch things up a bit... nahhh. lol! Liquid eyeliner is one of my go-to's, it is probably the one and only thing I always have on, even when I don't have any other makeup on I always put some liquid eyeliner! 


Extras:
EcoTools are becoming some of my favorite brushes to use - so soft and once they are washed are always as good as new! These are some other makeup essentials that I use everyday.


 If you have any questions feel free to leave me a comment, or DM me on Instagram!

Marissa, Xo

As always, all of the products that I'm sharing with you all are just based on my honest opinion, nothing in this post is sponsored*
Styles By Mar
0 Comments

No comments:

Post a Comment