About Me



Hello Friends! 

I'm so happy that you've stopped in to learn a little bit about me, my life, and why I've started this fashion and lifestyle Instagram and blogging journey! I am a 26 year old full-time energy program manager for the RI Army National Guard and have been for almost 5 years now! I am engaged to my fiance, Brendan, who I have been with for almost seven years!

I am from Rhode Island, born and raised! I love being outdoors, and spending time with friends and family. I am a super quiet and shy person when you first get to know me, but once I warm up to you, you usually can't get me to stop talking.

My Instagram journey started almost a couple of years ago, but came from my longtime interest in clothing and fashion. I always have had friends, family, and sometimes even strangers, ask where I may have gotten a clothing item or accessory and I always love to share - especially when they are good deals! After following several fashion bloggers on Instagram and seeing how many women truly appreciate a good sale and/or style, it inspired me to start an Instagram account of my own. Many of the styles you will see on my page are super casual, and most pieces can be easily incorporated into your everyday wardrobe and can even transfer from season to season!

What I hope you will get out of this blog is some of my favorite items (where to get them, my sizes, and how I style them), information on major sales, some lifestyle tips and tricks including home-related posts, and from time to time some beauty tips and items as well. 

What are your go-to clothing pieces?: Definitely slip-on sneakers. I have a few different colors and patterns of Vans and I am obsessed with Dr. Scholl's slip-on's - I literally will wear them during the dead-heat of summer, or when there is over 2 feet of snow on the ground - I love them! Also, I always need an extra layer, even during the summer months you can find me with a light sweater on over a tank, whether it's a sweater or a cute denim jacket, I can't go without an extra layer.

Three top stores I shop at: A majority of my weekly (work) clothing pieces come from Old Navy, American Eagle, or Amazon. I also love to shop at Express, Target, Abercrombie and Nordstrom. My workplace is pretty casual, so I can wear jeans most days with typically a sweater or blouse.

Top 3 products you cannot live without: (1) Drybar Detxo Dry Shampoo, this has become a new favorite of mine but I have come to realize I really cannot go without it! // (2) Liquid eyeliner: I love the stila brand! // (3) Cerave Daily Moisturizing Lotion.

Thanks so much for stopping by, I hope you enjoy! :)

xo Marissa
Styles By Mar
0 Comments