My Fall Closet Staples



As I'm sure many people feel the same way as me, Fall is hands down my favorite season, especially when it comes to fashion trends and styles! One of the greatest things about fall is that many of the pieces you incorporate into your fall wardrobe can be easily transferred into the winter months! Here I will be sharing with you some of my fall staples that I've picked up this year, and that you will probably see me wearing on repeat until the weather warms up in the spring!

Here are a few of my fall necessities:

1. A solid jacket!

Sherpa-lined denim jacket: While I myself haven't picked up one of these jackets yet - I need to (as you can tell by the multiple options I've linked, I can't decide which one I like the best!). I always love a good denim jacket they make for the perfect extra layer and are a great addition to a casual everyday outfit. I absolutely love the idea of adding the Sherpa lining which can help to transition this piece to colder weather!

Here are a few that I love! 

product photo
Old Navy Sherpa Jacket ($54.99): Old Navy Sherpa-Lined Denim Jacket

Image result for levis original sherpa trucker jacket women
Levi's Sherpa Jacket (ranges by color $98-$128): Levi's Original Sherpa Trucker JacketImage result for target sherpa denim jacket women
Target Sherpa Jacket ($34.99): Target Sherpa Denim Jacket

Funnel-Neck Coat: This jacket I bought the second it showed up at my local Old Navy store. I have always wanted a longer coat for more formal fall/winter events and this one is 100% my new go-to! I'm obsessed with the camel color and the material is super soft and warm, and fits true to size, even if you want to wear a sweater underneath I wouldn't recommend sizing up. I bought a size medium, the large was way too big, even when trying it on with a sweatshirt underneath.

product photo

Link to jacket: Old Navy Funnel-Neck Coat

2. Boots!

Booties: My go-to fall shoes whether for a casual date night, or for work, are my black booties. This boots can so easily be dressed up or down, and go with absolutely anything! I picked mine up last year and they barely needed to be broken in. I am definitely considering picking them up in another color as well! These also have a bit of a wide fit, I typically wear a 8.5 - 9 in shoes, and got a 9 in these in case I wanted to wear thicker socks!

Ramsey Chelsea Boot
Link to booties ($49.99): Journee Collection Black Bootie

Over-the-knee boots: For nights out on the town, or dressing up in the office, I will forever go to my over-the-knee boots! I have a black pair of over-the-knee boots that I snagged at Marshall's last year, but definitely want to invest in another neutral tan or gray color for this fall!
Image result for black over the knee bucco boots
Similar over-the-knee boots to mine ($29.99): Over-the-knee boot

3. Sweaters!

I know I'm not alone on this one - a solid sweater, whether it be a cardigan or pullover, can be a solid staple piece in anyone's closet. Here are a few of my favorite styles for sweater trends this fall:

Turtleneck Sweaters: While it took me a while to get used to the turtleneck trend, I am now obsessed. These sweaters can be easily dressed up with a cute skirt, or dressed down with jeans. Something to always be caution of when purchasing a turtleneck sweater though - itchiness, so make sure to always read reviews! 

Product Image
Link to lightweight turtleneck sweater:  AE Turtleneck Sweater

Image for the product
Link to AERIE Turtleneck: Aerie Oversized Chenille Turtleneck

Cardigan sweaters: Old navy is typically my go-to store for cardigan sweaters. They always have sweaters that come in all different lengths, materials, and colors making them the perfect place to shop. This cardigan below I picked up about a month ago online, it is THE softest cardi ever, and once again, in my newly favorite color camel.

product photo
Link to Old Navy Cardigan ($39.99): Plush-Knit Long-Line Open-Front Sweater

Duster sweaters: I have recently become a fan of this style sweater. Being on the tall side, it's sometimes hard to find the perfect length sweater, but not with this style! I purchased this duster linked below last year and it is like wearing a big blanket, so cozy and fits true to size!

product photo
Link to Old Navy Duster Sweater ($49.99): Old Navy Duster

If you like any of these styles, make sure to follow me on Instagram where I post my outfit of the day, sales, and more!

xo Marissa
Styles By Mar
0 Comments