Life Update - New Year 2022


Hi Friends!

I cannot believe it has been an entire year since I have been present on StylesByMar, but to say the least, 2021 was a YEAR!

To pick-up where we last left off, Brendan and I got engaged back in July of 2020 and immediately began the wedding planning process (mid-pandemic, which looking back was crazy in itself)! While planning a wedding and working full-time, we also got our sweet pup, a yellow lab named Nash, in October 2020, which was a whole other full-time job in itself. I was working from home full-time during this time period, and managing a crazy 8-week old puppy was pretty intense, and honestly required a lot of my time outside of work and wedding planning, which is ultimately why I decided to take a break from StylesByMar.


Fast forward to 2021, and things got a LOT more busy than I think we ever expected. With finalizing all of the details of our wedding, and things finally starting to seem real, we had another curveball thrown our way. 

Brendan and I were at the time living in my first-bought home, a two-family house only a town over from where we both grew-up. Mid-spring we found out that the single family home directly next door to my Dad's house was going on the market (in probably the craziest housing market ever), and we decided we were going to put in an offer, and put the two-family up for sale. Well, to our surprise, our offer was accepted! 


However, the two-family sale began to turn into a real estate saga... Buyers who we accepted offers from were not getting approved for their loans, or walking on inspection, and it took four accepted offers to finally find our buyers who would ultimately buy my first home, finalizing the sale in October 2021.

In the meantime, amid all the house-sale stress, we definitely had a great summer celebrating our engagement and soon-to-be marriage with our friends in family. In early August I had my bachelorette weekend in Portland, ME with all my girlfriends and it was a blast. We had the BEST weekend.


Fast forward to the fall, and it was wedding time! I promise, I will dedicate a post to this special day and not go down the rabbit hole here on it. But, let's just say it was the most magical, fun, emotional, exciting, weekend of our lives, to say the least.

 

2021 was definitely an extremely special year for us, and I am so excited to see what 2022 has to bring!

Cheers!
Marissa, xo
Styles By Mar
0 Comments

No comments:

Post a Comment