Wedding Planning Tools


 For this week's Friday wedding post I figured it would be useful to talk about some of the wedding planning tools that I have been using to help me plan our big day!


My Wedding Planner

The first tool that my Aunt gave me a few short weeks after getting engaged was an actual wedding planner book. I was SO excited to go through it and immediately start filling out as many sections of it as I could. I will link here the one that she got me, it includes pretty much everything and anything you can think of when it comes to wedding planning!

As I briefly mentioned in last week's post, there are also some great websites and apps to use for wedding planning. The first one that I signed up for was: 

The Wedding Wire

This app seriously has it ALL. It was a bit overwhelming at first, but after you get the hang of how to use it, it can be really resourceful. I honestly use the app way more than the website, but in the app you can search for vendors based on your venue location including, photographers, caterers, florists, music, planning, literally ANYTHING. What I love about the app is that when you read into a particular vendor that you like, you have the ability to save it under its respected category, so it's super easy to go back and look at ones that you like.

What I also love about this app is it's checklist. The checklist the app provided me with has over 80 topics that I can check off as I go (some I did not even realize were important or an actual thing you had to do). I have found quite a few of my vendors on the app so far and I love that other users post their reviews of them too!

Another app and website that I have been using, that is definitely a common one because I had heard of it even before being engaged is:

The Knot

The knot is another really great resource and is also a website and a mobile app. I definitely think I could say that I use the website for the Knot much more than the app, and I'm not quite sure why because the app is really great too! I think I initially started using this resource's website when I was looking into creating our "wedding website". Since we are having a sort of destination wedding (more than 2 hours away from home for most of our guests), I figured a wedding website was a good idea.

The Knot has several resources similar to that of the Wedding Wire in terms of planning and finding different vendors. One of their planning tools that I really love is their budget tool. It has several different categories and you can input what you'd like your budget to be, and update it with actual costs once you choose vendors.

I am still working on our wedding website, but once it is complete I will be sure to share with you all!

Love you all!
Marissa, Xo


Styles By Mar
0 Comments

No comments:

Post a Comment